DTM would not run without our volunteers who give their valuable time towards our mission. There are four levels of volunteering within DTM based on your availability and desired area to serve. All volunteers MUST attend a short mandatory training, and you can sign up for that here. Be sure to see our events calendar too!
DTM One Time/Monthly Opportunities
NOTE: Volunteers can sign up more than once a month for these opportunities.
- Comfort Cooks main meal & bakers (Sign up here for UNC | Duke)
- Comfort Cooks servers within hospital (Sign up here for UNC | Duke)
- Comfort Cooks on Call bakers and main meal (24-48 hours notice)
- Comfort Cooks on Call “crisis team” who serve inside hospitals (24-48 hours notice)
- Bubble Ball Tournament & Special Events Volunteers
- Y.O.U.T.H. Charge volunteers (ages 13-18)
- Host a food drive with Y.O.U.T.H. Charge (Sign up here)
- Kidz4Kidz 2016/2017 Volunteer Campaign (ages 12 and under)
- Make cards for the holidays with Kidz4Kidz (Sign up here)
DTM Committee Members
- Fundraising Committee: 8 members will gather monthly to discuss and execute each fundraising event to help the organization reach their financial goals. This includes our 2nd Annual Bubble Ball Tournament Fundraiser in Sept/Oct.
- Y.O.U.T.H. Charge Committee: 8 youth (13-18 yrs. of age) will meet every other month to create opportunities for youth to serve
DTM Weekly Volunteers
Use your expertise to help our nonprofit grow! (Examples: graphic design, video editing, support program leadership) Find more information about these opportunities here. Current needs are as followed:
- Kidz4Kidz Campaign Coordinator Volunteer
- Grant Writing Support Volunteer
- Research Assistant Volunteer
- Marketing and Communications Volunteer
- Social Media Volunteer
DTM Board Member
We are always interested in having passionate, hardworking, and spiritually motivated individuals to join our board! This is the highest level of involvement and largest time commitment within DTM, where members will be in charge of all nonprofit policy and program decisions. Contact Nicolette Moinet here if interested in applying.
Each year we launch a new volunteer campaign! Campaigns for the last three years have been:
2014: Special Homes Volunteer Campaign– Partnered with nonprofit organizations who were helping individuals with special needs or offering housing support to the community as part of their mission.
2015: Fragile Fighters Campaign– honored the hard working medical staff of Duke and UNC Hospitals by bringing delicious meals and baked goods to their workplace.
2016: Kidz4Kidz Campaign– empowering kids in the community to bring joy to kids in the hospitals by writing cards and crafts around ten different holidays out of the year!
2017: Kidz4Kidz Campaign continued! Last year this was such a success that we have extended the campaign for another year.